As the Commonwealth of Virginia enters into Phase 2 of reopening, we are excited for the opportunity to begin in-person services again. Over the last few weeks, the Elders, Church Council, and other ministry volunteers have been seeking the Lord, reviewing the state and federal guidelines, and making plans to reopen our facility. We are happy to inform you that we will be meeting for outdoor services at the church picnic shelter beginning on Sunday, June 7 at 10:30 am. Sunday School and Wednesday Fellowships will resume in the coming weeks.
As we prepare to gather together again, it is our desire to serve you well and keep you safe. We understand that not everyone will feel comfortable returning to in-person services at this time, and we want you to know that we are committed to serving all of you however we can. We will continue to record services and post them online, and we want to stay in touch with you for prayer and ministry.
For those who are ready to join us in person, we want you to know that our facility has been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized, and we have enhanced our sanitation practices in preparation for weekly services. As we come together, we ask that you abide by the following Phase 2 requirements established by the state.
- If you, or a member of your household, are experiencing any symptoms of sickness or have a known exposure to COVID-19 in the prior 14 days, we ask that you remain at home.
- Please sit in the designated seats with members of your household. Seating has been marked to allow for six feet of distance between households, and there are sections for larger and smaller families. Ushers can assist you in finding a seat that is appropriate for the size of your group.
- Please practice physical distancing (6 feet apart) at all times while inside and outside our facility. We kindly ask that you refrain from handshakes, hugs, and other physical contact during this time.
- Please practice good hand hygiene. It is best to wash your hands with soap and warm water at one of our sinks. Hand sanitizer will also be available throughout our facility.
- In the event of severe weather, we will meet inside. While inside the building, please wear a face covering over your nose and mouth. The governor has made this a requirement for anyone aged ten and over, and it is strongly recommended for children older than two. (The state recognizes the difficulty of this requirement and understands that it may not be feasible for all children and youth. Also, a person who has trouble breathing or who has a medical condition limiting the use of face coverings should not wear a face covering.)
Depending on the weather, certain areas of our facility will be restricted or closed. If we are able to meet outside, the gym doors will remain open to allow access to the bathrooms.
We will be offering Kids Ministry for families who wish to have their kids participate. Parents and guardians may choose to keep their kids with them during the main service or drop them off at Kids Church. This area will be reserved for children, Kids Church volunteers, and parents/guardians who are dropping off or picking up their children.
Although these last few months have brought major change, I am so grateful for your continued faithfulness to the Lord and to one another. I am thankful for the many expressions of your love and generosity, and I thank God for his grace and provision during this difficult season. I am looking forward to the ways in which God will work in us and in our community as we move toward reopening our facility.
Grace and peace,